These distinctions were given for work in the field, largely supported by The Macula Foundation.
Dr. K. Bailey Freund
- Retinal Atlas II Book – The New Retinal Atlas is the leading textbook to train residents and retinal fellows worldwide.
- The 26th Annual George K. Kambara, MD Distinguished Visiting Professorship
- UT Hamilton Eye Institute
Dr. Richard Spaide
- One of the best doctors in New York by New York Magazine
- One of the best physicians in the United States by “The Best Doctors in America”
- The Gass Award, from the Macula Society meeting in Singapore
- First prize in the Maculart meeting in Paris, which is a competition for medically themed artistic images and is awarded every two years. Dr. Spaide also won first prize in that competition in 2015.
Dr. Lawrence A. Yannuzzi
- Jack Dodick Lectureship, New York University
- Order of Sons of Italy Award
- Light Guild International Award
- Alex Irvine Lectureship, Pacific Retinal Club, IRIS Meeting
- Award for Founding Member of Atlantic Coast Retinal Club, presented at Johns Hopkins.
- ASSRS Early Career Section (ECS) Crystal Apple Award, Boston, MA
- Federation France Macula Lectureship, Paris, France